1) I don’t mind most insects, worms, or creatures, but i hate spiders and cockroaches
2) I was once harassed and stalked for over a month by a cult at NYU
3) I went running with the Kenyan Runners in Nairobi, Kenya (and couldn’t walk the next day)
4) Up until the age of 16, I always thought ‘Merci’ meant ‘thank you’ in Arabic, not French
5) I’ve never been to Asia
6) I rode a bike yesterday for the first time in 20 years… you never forget (but your leg muscles do)
7) I was once called an ‘asshole’ by Meg Ryan
8) I was told as a child I’d never be a runner cuz of my legs and feet, and I’ve since proved my doctor wrong
9) In 1998, during an unseasonably warm February afternoon, my friend Ihsan and I entertained a crowd of people in NYC from our dorm room, using a 250 Watt Amp and a Microphone…. until the cops showed up
10) I got written up on a bi-weekly basis during my sophomore year (mainly noise complaints and pranks), and a year later became an RA
11) Becoming an RA during college turned my life 180 degrees
12) I broke my dad’s nose when I was in 6th grade accidentally during a very competitive game of racquetball.
13) I was diagnosed with 2 (possibly 3) tropical illnesses during my last trip to Kenya
14) I can recite the entire McDonalds menu song from the 1980s
15) When I was 5, during an afternoon of boredom, I storyboarded the entire Wizard of Oz film from memory. Every shot and camera angle.
16) Every year for Christmas, since 1990, I receive at least one Simpsons branded item from someone in my family.
17) I had a beautiful voice as a kid, and then puberty hit and it all went downhill from there.
18) In college I turned in a paper and got a D. I handed in the same paper a few years later and got an A.
19) I applied to be in a masters program at NYU for music composition, and based on my lack of undergrad music education, got rejected. I scheduled an appointment with one of the directing professors the following week, played for him the Simpsons theme song, and got accepted.
20) If I could eat any food for the rest of my life, it would be cheese
21) I have a hard time pronouncing the word “cookie”
22) I had my first paid gig as a 15 year old for a Senior Citizens christmas party at a local VFW. I got paid 50 bucks, and my dad tried to convince me to give it back.
23) I have a photographic memory, and remember events and dreams from before I was a year old.
24) I measure world history in two eras: Before AD and After AD (Arrested Development)
25) I really dig Friendly’s quesadillas